Sometimes our dressers, drawers get a lot of scratches and then they do not look up to the mark and just because of some scratches we can’t actually through the entire thing as of course, it was expensive when you purchased it so let’s paint them
- The surface needs to be cleaned
If the surface just has dust then all you need is a dampened cloth and if there is any staining or grease on the surface then you might need to use vinegar or TSP solution and if you are planning to use any chemical cleaner, if yes then make sure that is properly wiped off
- For the second step, you would need sandpaper
Sand because laminate is a non-porous and slick surface so it’s actually nice to scuff your drawer or dresser’s surface scuffing means your paint would last for long, but make sure that you do not overdo it if you overdo it then your dresser’s laminate would be torn off
- B.I.N, KILZ, Zinsser – the prime
When buying the primer make sure that the label says that it for the surface which is shiny, one coat of any primer is said to be more than enough but if you do not feel satisfied you can go for one more coat of the primer, if the primer is not right then it would simply show on your dresser, the texture would be bubbly, B.I.N, KILZ and Zinsser are one of the best primers
After applying the layer of a primer you can begin painting apply at least three layers of paint and between every coat sand in as it would help you give your dresser the professional finish.
- Seal it
After painting, you are required to protect that paint and all your efforts and for that, you are required to seal it with topcoat.
How to paint a wall
- You are required to prepare your wall first, by preparing here I mean that you need to remove the accessories that are on your wall, take all the outlet covers, switches, thermostats and knobs off from the wall, this would help you in painting your wall easily and if there is some accessory that you can’t remove then cover that particular accessory using painter’s tape.
- Cover the furniture, or if you can take them out of the room it would be more than enough but you can’t move the furniture then just use some old cloth to cover them, paint stains can’t be very difficult to remove so take all the major precautions beforehand
- The surface of the wall needs to be super clean so take a cloth dip in water (make sure that the water is warm) and then clean the wall, start from the top and lead towards the end
- Cover all the adjacent surfaces using tape, painter’stape is one of the best products when it comes to protecting the surface
- Now the main task is to apply the primer, roll it onto your wall, do not leave bare patches while applying the primer, fill the gaps using a paintbrush, once the primer is dry start painting your wall.